Before organising your work experience, please think carefully about:
- All placements must have Employer’s Liability Insurance and Public Liability Insurance.
- What area of the workplace you are interested in i.e. agriculture, retail, animals etc.
- Where you can travel to i.e. Taunton, Exeter, Tiverton etc, remembering that in most cases you will not be working school hours.
- Where will you get a valuable experience of working conditions?
- Some businesses will put together interesting timetables but other businesses are limited in the activities that they will be able to offer students.
- Who will you be working with – it is not advisable to be working with only one adult.
- Most other schools have the same work experience week as us, therefore, there is a lot of competition for the placements that are available, especially placements like vets and specialist businesses like graphic designers etc.
- All placements will have to pass a Health and Safety check by Sally Trump - Careers Plus.
- Letter to Parents
- Health Declaration Form
- Geographical Area Map
- Work Experience Agreement Form
- Example/Template Letter to Employer
- Advice on Applying for a Work Experience Placement
- Work Experience Advice & Questionnaire
- Student WEBVIEW Guide
- Employer Report Form