Uffculme School offers all its students a broad and balanced curriculum that:
- promotes their spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development
- prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
- seeks to provides them with an introduction to the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens
- introduces them to the best that has been thought and said; and
- helps to engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.
- provides opportunities for students to develop literacy skills across the curriculum and wider life of the school, through Reading, Writing & Oracy. (Please click to view the Literacy Page)
The curriculum provides an outline of core knowledge and skills around which teachers seek to develop exciting and stimulating lessons to promote the development of students’ knowledge, understanding and skills. The taught curriculum is just one element in the education of each student and we consciously allow time and space in the school day and in each week, term and year to range beyond the programmes of study for each subject.
Parents and members of the community can find out more information about the curriculum through these links: KS3 Curriculum and KS4 Curriculum, or if you have a specific question you can email firstname.lastname@example.org