At Uffculme School we take our duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children extremely seriously.
Our Designated Child Protection Officer is Mr Chris Lepper.
Our other Child Protection Officers include Mrs Lorraine Heath, Miss Nikki Able and Mrs Karina Balado.
In Ofsted's recent inspection they found that 'The School's work to keep students safe and secure is outstanding'.
- Advice from CEOP and the National Crime Agency on keeping children safe online
- Social media safety guide
Reporting a concern about a young person
If you have a concern which involves the safety or wellbeing of a child or another safeguarding issue please contact Mr Lepper during school hours on either:
- Phone: 01884 840458
- E-mail: email@example.com
If the concern is serious and outside of school hours please contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH):
- Phone: 0345 155 1071 (Mon-Thurs 9-5, Fri 9-4)
- Phone: 0345 6000 388 (Emergency Duty Team if outside of the above hours)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information about MASH please see their website by clicking on the link - MASH.
Managing allegations against adults working with children or young people
Local Area Designated Officers (LADO) provide advice and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations that have concerns about a person working or volunteering with children and young people who may have behaved inappropriately or if information has been received that may constitute an allegation.
If you consider a LADO referral is needed:
- Gather the relevant information: the name, date of birth and home address of the ADULT connected to the allegation/incident; the child/children's details (LADO procedures cannot begin without this information)
- It is advisable that you initially discuss the details with the Designated Child Protection Officer (Mr C Lepper) and record/log the details in your relevant records
- They will also need your name, your organisation's address and the role you have in your organisation
- Once you have this information, call Exeter (01392) 384964
For more information please visit the Local Area Designated Officers website.